TTB's mission is to collect alcohol, tobacco, firearms and ammunition excise taxes; to ensure that alcohol beverages are labeled, advertised and marketed in accordance with the law; and to administer the laws and regulations in a manner that protects the revenue, protects the consumer, and promotes voluntary compliance. TTB is recognized as one of the Federal government’s best places to work. We ranked in the top 2% of agency subcomponents (#8 of 415) in 2018. See www.bestplacestowork.org.Learn more about this agency
As a IT Program Manager, Assistant chief Information Officer, you will:
- Plan and carry out all activities related to network security and operations in a manner that provides overall effectiveness and efficiency of IT networks and the security of hardware and software, data center technology, data, voice and video networks, applications, operating systems, system administration and security, production support, and quality control functions while ensuring customer satisfaction;
- Respond to IT networks and security industry future direction by relating and applying changes to improve TTB’s current and future network security and operations;
- Maintain a network infrastructure that provides effective information security controls that adhere to TTB and Federal policies;
- Coordinate with TTB, Treasury, and Contracting Officer(s) to acquire IT services; serve as COR for IT contract(s); complete all elements of the acquisition process including determining requirements; write technical specifications and solicitations; develop source selection strategies; assist with execution of the source-selection process through contract award; use performance based contracting; develop service level agreements; monitor contractor performance and work with the contracting officer to administer the award or incentive fee.
- Develop network security and operations strategies, policies, plans to provide long-term vision, planning, and investment management to better support TTB’s mission and business needs.
25% or less - Travel may be required one to five nights per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537829500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.