This position is part of the Chemawa Indian School, Bureau of Indian Education. As a Teacher (AVID) you will be responsible for serving as a classroom teacher in a BIE school on or near the Reservation. The instruction area(s) will be AVID in a high school setting.Learn more about this agency
As a Teacher (AVID) CY-1710-11, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Prepare yearly instructional outlines and related daily lesson plans covering relevant units of study and specifying objectives, activities and evaluative methods/instruments for both group and individual instructional programs.
- Teach students by selecting, developing, adapting and implementing appropriate instructional methods and techniques utilizing available resources to provide for academic achievement.
- Continuously evaluate individual and group academic progress through the use of criterion-referenced tests, periodic standardized tests, oral tests, and/or other relevant evaluative methods/instruments.
- Develop and conduct instruction within an environment that provides and promotes opportunities for the students to develop rapport, inter-relationships, self-discipline and a positive self-image.
- Maintain control of assigned class(es) and handle discipline independently except for chronic or extreme behavior problems.
- Supervise assigned students as scheduled, or provide for their supervision, throughout the academic day and/or activity in order to provide for the safety, health, and welfare of the students in compliance with school, Agency, and Area Guidelines.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537734400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.