Departmental Offices is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to serve as non-paid student volunteers to assist in the performance of its mission. From September 9, 2019 - December 13, 2019, students will be exposed to the Federal work environment and will learn about the mission and the roles and responsibilities of the Department of the Treasury.Learn more about this agency
Departmental Offices is comprised of divisions headed by Assistant Secretaries and Under Secretaries who are primarily responsible for policy formulation and overall management of the Treasury Department. These offices include:
- Executive Offices of the Secretary of the Treasury
- Domestic Finance
- Economic Policy
- General Counsel
- International Affairs
- Legislative Affairs
- Management/Chief Financial Officer
- Public Affairs
- Tax Policy
- Terrorism and Financial Intelligence
Students must possess a desire to learn about government and public policy and be skillful to perform a variety of tasks relating to activities in the areas of finance; federal regulation; domestic and international economic issues; legal and policy guidance; congressional relations, IT/IS inclined as well as possess the following qualities:
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Stong written and oral communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, Visio, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize a variety of assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537475100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.