This position is housed within ITA’s unique structure connecting stakeholders, state and local governments, and U.S. businesses to a network of headquarters, domestic and international offices collaborating directly with U.S. businesses worldwide to advocate and leverage their capabilities.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is a senior specialist who regularly and independently assumes responsibility for highly complex analytical work addressing critical international trade issues, U.S. business exports, reverse investment facilitation, and/or new trade development initiatives in key industries and world regions.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Counsel current and potential US exporters to meet client export market development objectives.
- Create, develop and implement export programs and strategies to meet client export market development objectives.
- Establish, develop and nurture relationships and partnerships with local partners, congressional offices, District Export Councils, oversees posts, trade promotion partners, other government agencies, and the media.
- Create and/or contribute to market research efforts, analyze trade data, and disseminate trade information and materials to US businesses and associates.
- Develop and implement activities and events of the office.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other International Trade Specialist GS-1140-13, FPL 13 positions within ITA in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience
This position is also being announced concurrently under Merit Promotion vacancy number: ITA-Field-2019-0006. Applicants who wish to be considered under MAP and DE must apply to both vacancies separately.
25% or less - This position approximates 10-25% travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537305800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.