The Human Resources Specialist (Classification) position is located in the Office of Human Resources Management, Executive Resources Management Division. The incumbent provides classification services for positions across USDA.Learn more about this agency
Duty Location Information: If selected, candidates who live in the Washington, DC local commuting area will be expected to regularly report to the Washington, DC office, and may be offered telework and other flexible work arrangements, but will not be completely virtual.
- Provide comprehensive advice and assistance to executives, managers, supervisors, and other senior officials on various human resources issues, particularly classification and position management.
- Implement, evaluate and maintain a sound position classification program for assigned organizations within the Agency.
- Conduct classification and organization surveys and studies. Review organizational structures for proper functional alignment with approved charts; discuss proposed changes, suggesting ways for improvement and counseling on the impact of changes.
- Conduct desk audits/reviews of individual positions which are of controversial and/or extremely difficult nature.
- Participate in responding to, and gathering information for EEO cases that require the provision of complex classification and pay-related information.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537277500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.