TTB's mission is to collect alcohol, tobacco, firearms and ammunition excise taxes; to ensure that alcohol beverages are labeled, advertised and marketed in accordance with the law; and to administer the laws and regulations in a manner that protects the revenue, protects the consumer, and promotes voluntary compliance. TTB is recognized as one of the Federal government’s best places to work. We ranked in the top 2% of agency subcomponents (#8 of 415) in 2018. See www.bestplacestowork.org.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-11. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Enforce permit provisions of the Federal Alcohol Administration Act (Title 27 U.S.C.) and the permit, bond and registration provisions of chapters 51 and 52 of the Internal Revenue Code (Title 26 U.S.C.) related to alcohol and tobacco.
- Study and evaluate applications by persons seeking permission to commence, change or terminate their businesses under laws and regulations relating to the alcohol and tobacco industries.
- Determine that regulated products are completely accounted for by comparing and analyzing various documents and data, including tax returns, periodic reports and data stored in Bureau databases.
- Monitor the operational reports and tax returns of permittees on non-voluntary pre-payment of taxes, or whose payment history indicates lack of prudent business practices.
- Analyze transaction reports, operating reports, variance requests, trade name additions, tax returns and claims, etc.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537277200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.