About the Position: The Walla Walla District US Army Corps of Engineers is comprised of motivated and talented employees providing the very best engineering services for communities in the Pacific Northwest. The District helps manage local water resources for navigation, flood damage reduction, disaster assistance, hydroelectric power generation, and other natural and heritage areas. For information about the Walla Walla District Corps of Engineers, visit http://www.nww.usace.army.mil/Learn more about this agency
- Perform duties executing the Regulatory Program under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899.
- Participate in compliance inspections of permitted structure or activities and investigate and resolve unauthorized structures or activities.
- Prepares environmental documents, correspondence and Notice of Violation letters.
- Investigate and survey waters of the United States, including wetlands, to determine limits of regulatory jurisdiction.
- Exercise professional judgment based on a thorough knowledge and understanding of biological and related sciences in the processing of applications for permits.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 25 percent of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537254900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.