About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY is an academic institution located in the Hudson River Valley, 50 miles from New York City. The historic site is the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point is a self contained city with housing, a Department of Public Works, libraries, hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. Employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, Hudson Valley's performing arts center, and recreational facilities.
- Serve as the Reading Room Coordinator for the United States Military Academy Library research facilities supporting unique and special materials.
- Monitor all researchers and reading tables.
- Ensure that Library policies for handling and use of materials are followed by all researchers.
- Manage communications with researchers, to include electronic, voice, and print communications.
- Answer basic ready reference inquiries.
- Coordinate instruction and/or research events with curatorial and administrative staff.
- Ensure all instruction and/or research transactions are recorded for statistical purposes.
- Coordinate use of our Aeon collection and workflow management software.
- Maintain security of research facilities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537141100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.