About the Position: This position is located at the US Army Installation Management Command, US Army Garrison Fort McCoy, Directorate of Public Works, Environmental Division, Natural Resource Management Branch, Fort McCoy, Wisconsin.Learn more about this agency
Fort McCoy is located in a good rural area, between Tomah and Sparta. The area offers commendable schools and reasonable housing costs; situated between two major interstates.
- Manage the Federal and state listed species, and species of concern, by conducting surveys and monitoring the species.
- Review research proposals submitted by other agencies and universities which deal with TES and invasive species management.
- Manage and maintain the Threatened and Endangered Species (TES) Program.
- Manage the Invasive Species Program.
- Review and provide input to National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- Prepare documents for communicating with external government agencies such as US Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Review documents such as reports prepared by contractor staff which are submitted to state and federal agencies.
- Serve as government point of contact or Contracting Officer's Representative.
- Develop, maintain, and implement an awareness training program in order to educate individuals who work and train on Fort McCoy.
- Provide presentations concerning all aspects of the TES and Invasive Species programs at professional meetings, university classes, local school groups, civic organizations, media, and other organizations.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 5%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537035200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.