This position is located in Bedford, IN on the Hoosier National Forest.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent is responsible for the development and scheduling of annual work plans and the execution of field operations relating to the trails program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Stacy Duke at 812-276-4726 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Responsible for developing and carrying out operating plans for trails maintenance, rehabilitation, reconstruction, and construction projects based on approved direction in land management plans.
- Implements trail, and/or wilderness and bridge construction and reconstruction projects.
- Participates in the identification and planning for future trail construction, reconstruction, maintenance, and restoration projects.
- Performs trail log, condition, and prescription surveys.
- Administers a recreation area with responsibility for developing and carrying out operations plans for the use, improvement and maintenance for developed and dispersed recreation sites.
- Provides liaison with community organizations and interest groups to stimulate interest in and utilization of forest recreation facilities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for meetings and/or training may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536963900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.