Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Writer-Editor position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Training and Development (T&D) within the Training Centers Division (TCD). If selected for this position you will serve as a across the training organization. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
• Developing a variety of materials that inform the public of the agency's policies, programs and services.
• Evaluating the public information of written materials and visual information for both external and internal audiences.
• Analyzing and evaluating complex issues and make independent decision regarding their presentation in written form to the general public.
• Translating complex terms and language into language that is easily understandable to the general public.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals from the various training centers, HQ offices and divisions.
• Analyzing conflicting data and considering various points of view.
• Researching, developing, writing, editing and updating materials regarding TSA’s Training Centers.
• Working independently in developing the editorial content of graphics and written materials for use in multiple formats include web, print and social media for both external and internal audiences.
• Writing and editing other materials and publications that cover scientific and technical matters as assigned, some of which have short deadlines.
• Recommending topics to be communicated to TCD target audiences.
25% or less - Travel may be required 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536755000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.