Position is located in Challis, ID on the Salmon-Challis National Forest in Region 4. This position will work extensively across the Middle Fork Ranger District in various aspects of the Recreation Program, including with the Middle Fork of the Salmon River and the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. For more information regarding the duties of this position, contact Dennis Kuhnel at 208-481-2625 or
Learn more about this agency
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level:
- Coordinate with other natural resource disciplines to ensure program requirements are included in project planning and execution.
- Participate in the development of long and short-range plans of wilderness, trails, special uses and recreation resources for agency guidelines and direction.
- Analyze and interpret data to formulate recommendations to achieve management objectives and policies.
- Initiate contact with the public to educate visitors and protect resources.
- Participate in the development and delivery of wilderness education programs for the local community.
- Provide program input into a natural resources management planning processes for work plans on wilderness, trails and special uses activities.
25% or less - Travel for meetings and trainings; travel will be extensive during field season, may assist with staffing remote guard stations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536294200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.