This position is part of the Inland Northwest National Wildlife Refuge Complex comprising three refuges - Little Pend Oreille and Turnbull Refuges in northeast Washington and Kootenai Refuge in northern Idaho. As a Wildlife Refuge Manager (Deputy Project Leader), you will assist the Project Leader in the business administration and staff supervision for the Complex, as well manage all programs and daily operations of Turnbull NWR.Learn more about this agency
- Directs, analyzes, and evaluates Refuge programs, (e.g., operations and maintenance, education, public use, and habitat restoration) on an on-going basis to ensure operations are in accordance with annual and long-range plans, priorities and objectives.
- Conducts compatibility determinations and prepares appropriate use findings.
- Prepares annual work plans, budget and program submittals, and supervises administration of fiscal accounts, acquisitions, personnel and property management.
- Develops criteria and guidelines for use of cooperative agreements, memoranda of understanding, and special use permits.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of a permanent refuge staff and crew, as well as temporary, term, and volunteer personnel.
- Coordinates activities with Federal, Tribal, State, and local governments and organizations involved in natural resource management.Negotiates agreements, resolves conflicts, and represents the position of the Service.
- Assists with a comprehensive public relations/public use program including off-refuge programs, interpretive and educational programs, wildlife dependent recreation, and other recreational management activities.
- Assists senior management in developing long-range plans, annual work plans, budgets and work schedules.
- Plans and schedules operations and maintenance projects, including development of work plans and oversight for projects covering the construction, repair and maintenance of equipment, buildings, roads and other infrastructure.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536070300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.