This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a SNIS Executive Tier 1 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
The Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG) was established within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) by the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. The ICIG has the authority to initiate and conduct independent audits, inspections, investigations, and reviews of programs and activities within the responsibility and authority of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI). The ICIG's principal organizational divisions are Audit, Investigations, Inspections and Evaluations, and Management and Administration. The ICIG also operates a Center for Protected Disclosures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
- Review, lead, and preside over investigations of waste, fraud, abuse and misconduct.
- Oversee and participate in the development of organizational planning, goals, and objectives.
- Advise the DNI and other ODNI managers of investigative findings and provide recommendations for corrective action; monitor implementation of recommendations to ensure resolution of issues and problems identified.
- Develop and deliver OIG investigative briefings and findings to senior ODNI and IC leaders and managers.
- Administer, coordinate or supervise investigative work to assess and assure ODNI and IC compliance with laws, regulations, and applicable policies, directives, and guidelines.
- Lead, manage, and direct a professional level staff, evaluate performance, collaborate on goal setting, and provide feedback and guidance regarding personal and professional development opportunities.
- Represent the IG at meetings, conferences and other public events to communicate investigation requirements, plans, findings, and recommendations.
- Promote improved collaboration between IC components, including mechanisms and activities to foster cooperation and compliance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535846400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.