You will serve as a Financial Planning Specialist in the DoD Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, Program Executive Office, Defense Healthcare Management Systems (PEO DHMS) of the DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY.Learn more about this agency
This announcement uses the Financial Management Expert direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
- You will direct and oversee the planning, programming and budgeting of projects, including the work of contractor support analysts, in the development, justification, and execution of the Planning, Programming and Budget System (PPBS).
- You will serve as a staff expert in the Program Executive Office (PEO) Resource Management Branch or the Program Management Office (PMO) Financial Management Branch and exercises responsibility for all finance-related management issues.
- You will ensure the program's financial and accounting operations comply with applicable Defense Health Agency (DHA) and DoD policies and regulations.
- You will develop and review budget estimates and prepares budgetary data and exhibits. Ensures the Planning Office's budget reflects financial plans.
- You will determine the effects of actual or proposed changes to the budget and ensures actions are taken to preclude over-commitment or over-obligation of funds.
- You will evaluate existing and proposed financial plans, and to initiate improvements in its overall effectiveness.
- You will develop alternative approaches and funding requirements and makes recommendations to resolve financial/funding problems.
- You will formulate new acquisition strategies, plans and requisitions with respect to fiscal requirements and expected benefits/outcomes.
- You will contribute to the development of statements of work, task orders, evaluation criteria, levels of effort, independent government cost estimates and other pre?and post-contract award documentation as required.
- You will participate in the negotiation of prices, terms and time lines with contractors and contracting activities and certifies vouchers for payment.
- You will develop and execute a management control system designed to establish and maintain financial documentation to ensure the integrity and accuracy of program accounts
- You will monitor and evaluate the system to ensure the fiscal integrity of accounts, to develop and conduct financial analyses, and to provide financial reports and statements for review by upper management.
- You will oversee the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) program.
- You will determine the most efficient and economical use of available resources and establishes priorities for the facilities, equipment, manpower, and funding resources required to accomplish the program's mission.
- You will provide advice on financial management issues that encompass diverse and innovative approaches involving critical issues relating to finance, budget and accounting.
- You will analyze current and projected financial requirements of the program considering such factors as available fiscal and manpower resources and the scope of current and planned projects.
- You will determine the appropriateness of proposed labor and overhead rates based on audit reports, historical data or other available sources.
- You will maintain a comprehensive and current accurate status of the progress of all phases of program projects and ensures that government and contractor personnel receive timely financial reports and decisions.
- You will develop business plans, budget execution plans, inputs, resource needs, operating policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535565800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.