About the Position: Louisville is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the 29th-most populous city in the United States. It is one of two cities in Kentucky designated as first-class, the other being the state's second-largest city of Lexington. Louisville is the historical seat and, since 2003, the nominal seat of Jefferson County.Learn more about this agency
This will be a Competitive Merit Temporary Promotion or Reassignment NTE 5 years.
- Provides customer services to District Operations Project Managers in the form of authoritative technical guidance and advice for natural resources, park management, flood control, navigation and operational problems.
- Exercises professional competence in interpreting and converting broad statutory and policy objectives into specific plans and programs.
- Provides direction, coordination, policy application, long-range planning and evaluation of the recreation and natural resource management activities at all operations field projects.
- Provides direction in management of parks recreation areas, forestry, fish/wildlife, biology, soil conservation and other applied sciences; insect, plant disease, pest control.
- Provides direction, long-range planning for operational maintenance of facilities, structures, grounds, roads, buildings and utilities.
- Budget development lead for three FRM business lines.
- Manages the District's Dive Program, ERGO Program, Volunteer Services Program, Uniform Program, Sign Program, Visitor Assistance Program.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535479500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.