The incumbent serves as an Epidemiologist within the Suicide Prevention Program's Data and Surveillance Workstream. Staff in the SPP consists of varying professions with a variety of expertise and training, clinicians and business/healthcare administrative professionals. The incumbent may support multiple SPP projects, programs, educational ventures, and improvement work for enterprise program/project domains within the VHA structure.Learn more about this agency
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing oversight and leadership for the analysis; implementation, spread and maintenance of SPP projects and initiatives related to mental health and/or public health and/or suicide prevention.
- Providing teams with the policy, tools, methods and data to improve their processes, organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reviewing of a variety of macro and micro systems within outpatient clinics, inpatient clinical services, business and administrative services, and leadership/management services.
- Applying appropriate techniques such as advanced data analysis, modeling and simulation to improve and guide initiatives.
- Leading efforts in the use data/statistics and surveillance efforts to improve quality, safety, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Using information for developing policy, problem solving, decision making, training and education, and organizational improvement.
- Working with other individuals and services to develop systems for data mining, transforming data into information, knowledge management, and research and evaluation.
- Recommending and developing methods of performance evaluation and process improvement for national and local healthcare systems, networks, VHA, and provides training and consultative services to all levels for healthcare system management regarding the requirements and implications of the SPP initiatives based on program, policy, data analysis and, surveillance.
- Collaborating with SPP management to ensure that improvements to processes are spread to other work units and locations and that these improvements are sustained over time.
- Developing policy, methods for the measurement and assessment of spread and sustainability.
- Working with other individuals and services to develop automated systems for tracking improvement (data trending, data dashboards, and balanced scorecards) and for monitoring project progress and completion (project management, "closing the loop").
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#: Statistician (Health) - Epidemiologist/ PD#02840-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
PCS Expenses: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
25% or less - 10% travel to meetings.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535459000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.