About the Position: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers delivers superior-quality projects and services, building on our long-standing record of excellence. The San Francisco District is comprised of civilian personnel organized into divisions, including Program and Project Management, Engineering and Technical Services, Operations and Readiness, Regulatory, and Resource Management.Learn more about this agency
- Executes project plans and specifications to code and standard, partipating in pre-work conferences with contractor.
- Maintains surveillance over the layout of the work from established base lines and benchmarks.
- Directs inspection of construction operations for compliance with intent of design and specifications.
- Observes and investigates construction at all stages to identify problems and take timely action.
- Directs the contractor in the preparation of periodic pay estimate data.
- Directs the submittal by contractor of required work schedules, certificates and test results.
- Enforces safety provisions of contract specifications and COE Safety Requirements Handbook.
- Administers fiscal procedures required for forecasting, control and reporting of resources needed and expended.
- Schedules and conducts pre-construction conferences.
- Serves as authorized representative of the contracting officer.
- Exercises authority to establish detailed field inspection requirements, schedule contract methods; interprets contract specifications, and determines if contract requirements are met.
- Makes assignments, establishes operating procedures, priorities and performance standards.
- Provides advice and assistance as required.
- Evaluates performance, resolves informal complaints and determines training needs.
- Exercises sound principles in areas of discipline, leave administration, employee recognition and working conditions.
- Maintains effective coordination with other elements of the District and with officials and representatives of other federal agencies.
- Provides training to locally-hired personnel in coordination with other SPN elements in Construction Management and Contract Administration and Performance as required.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535223400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.