Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov. View our video titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.Learn more about this agency
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-DO-SL-2019-127 for current Federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment, or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
LOCATION: Operations, Mid-Pacific (MP) Regional Office, Sacramento, California
This position is in the Bureau of Reclamation, MP Regional Office.
The incumbent will oversee and be responsible for ensuring that Reclamation’s core mission- the delivery of water and generation of power- is achieved through the operation and maintenance of Reclamation water resources and projects within his/her area of responsibility.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Provide technical oversight and leadership for high priority offices and projects in order to ensure regulatory statues and regulations are met.
- Focus on specific areas within the region, functioning with a large degree of autonomy and exercising independent decision making, which enables the Regional Director to concentrate on broader program issues.
- Is responsible for the planning, formulation, and execution of Region operational program functions within his/her area of responsibility and may be called upon to give additional guidance to other issues or projects within the Region as needed.
- Provide direct line supervision to managers for the following Divisions: Environmental Affairs; Resources Management; and Planning, providing leadership and guidance. While the position is supervisory, special emphasis will be placed on providing guidance to the most technical, politically sensitive, and complicated aspects of projects within the his/her assigned areas.
- Within all of the projects he/she oversees, the incumbent will be the technical expert, not only on the delivery of water and power but will also be the MP Region’s authority on matters concerning a variety of issues that are a priority to Reclamation and the Department of the Interior. This includes but is not limited to: the impact and issues surrounding the Endangered Species Act; Operations and Maintenance; high level oversight of compliance with Presidential and Secretarial initiatives; and Asset Management.
You may be required to serve a probationary period.
25% or less - Travel may be required 25% or more of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535039000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.