You will serve as an ASTRONOMERin the Astrometry Department of the US Naval Observatory.Learn more about this agency
- You will lead and manage the work in the development of data analysis systems for ground-based and space-based astrometry programs
- You will coordinate astrometry data reduction activities.
- You will serve as the primary liaison regarding astrometry data reduction software issues to both US national and international organizations.
- You will provide general computer system support to include (but not limited to) the installation of new subsystems and upgrading system software.
- You will participate in various astrometric projects.
- You will initiate, plan, and carry out Astrometric Research programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534624500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.