About the Position: The Darnall Medical Library is on the third floor of Building 1 at WRNMMC, You will support healthcare providers as a member of the reference team acting as first responder/triaging medical reference questions between 0800-1630 M-F. You can expect to make a difference in the care of our wounded warriors, service personnel, and their families. Parking at WRNMMC is limited and is by permit only. The use of commuting alternatives is highly recommended.Learn more about this agency
- Facilitates warrior care through support of evidence based practice and research, cover the library reference desk, and researching and resolving in depth reference questions.
- Instructs health care professionals in search techniques through various databases such as Medline or Embase. Instructs health care professionals on search of databases remotely or via command internet.
- Contributes to the collection development by evaluating reviews and selecting materials in medical subject areas in order to keep textbooks and journals up-to- date and relevant.
- Communicates with customers to present focused training, engender collaboration on matching information tools and relevant resources to resolve clinical information needs.
- Develops and measures goals for the improvement of library services. Develops instruction interventions for the information literacy and web-based resources appropriate to the specifics of the users needs.
- Provides specific case-related medical literature that contributes to the quality direct patient care by providing information for inpatient or outpatient diagnosis, treatment, hospital care, rehabilitation, and research.
- Collaborates with other librarians on development, identification, implementation and improvement of information or knowledge based systems and services.
- Improve the medical library's web presence, access, display and the customer's utilization of clinical and research information resources. Ensures licensing/maintenance of access to electronic resources.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534595400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.