The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) is the principal staff element of the Secretary of Defense in the exercise of policy development, planning, resource management, and program evaluation responsibilities. OSD includes the Offices of the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense, Under Secretaries of Defense, Deputy Chief Management Officer, Assistant Secretaries of Defense, General Counsel, and the Director of Administration.Learn more about this agency
The Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Chemical and Biological Defense (DASD CBD) is the principal advisor on all Chemical and Biological Defense matters. He/she provides vision, leadership, and direction to a large and diverse community of chemical and biological defense stakeholders throughout the Department of Defense, the U.S. Government and allied nations and industrial partners. Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the top senior functional authority, approval authority, lead coordinator and the Department's senior advisor for the joint $1.3B annual CBD program.
- Defines strategic goals and objectives of the CBD program across the full spectrum of the acquisition process, from basic research through development and procurement.
- Oversees, coordinates, and integrates several medial and non-medical CBD activitie4s, including development, execution, and oversight of the Department's chemical and biological security and surety policies.
- Leads and supervises a team of management, technical, and administrative professionals in planning, oversight and control of the joint research, development, test and acquisition of CBD materiel, countermeasures, and related systems.
- Leads the development of the Secretary's annual report to Congress, summarizing the overall readiness of the Armed Forces to fight in a chemical-biological warfare environment, actions taken to improve readiness, and requirements for all aspects of the program.
- Analyzes current and emerging threats and establishes robust, comprehensive technical requirements covering the full spectrum of needs for warfighter protection, homeland defense and consequence management.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533979100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.