This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, Seventeenth Coast Guard District, Command Cadre, in Juneau, AKLearn more about this agency
The incumbent will serves as program analyst and liaison, providing support for coordination of resource management and partnership programs with Alaska Native groups, Native American communities, and tribal governments.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as program analyst and liaison providing support for coordination of resource management and partnership programs with Alaska Native groups, Native American communities and tribal governments.
- Engaging Alaskan Native entities, such as tribal governments, native regional corporations, village corporations, native consortiums, and subsistence co-management groups, ensuring healthy communications and to ensure that Coast Guard operations and activities do not interfere with tribal or native interests or subsistence activities.
- Serving as the contact for analysis, interpretation, and application of existing policies of Coast Guard programs affecting or involving issues of significant interest to tribal governments, Native American individuals, or other Native entities
- Providing guidance and coordination in initiating, planning and facilitating consultation, collaboration, and dispute resolution options with Natives, assuring that Native interests which might be affected have sufficient opportunity for productive participation in Coast Guard processes.
- Assisting District Commander, unit Commanding Officers, and District staff in the development and implementation of cooperative partnership opportunities and relationships with Native groups or organizations, and provide guidance on protocols for dealing with such entities.
- Coordinating with appropriate Headquarters program manager on the implementation of Coast Guard programs to ensure that Native issues are being addressed. These duties include providing briefings to, or information sharing with, management and field personnel.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533974000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.