This position is located in Region 6, on the Blue Mountain Ranger District of the Malheur National Forest in John Day, Oregon.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as an assistant Silviculturist and is responsible for the development, planning and application of silvicultural methods and practices.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Amanda Lindsay at (541) 575-3333 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administers or supervises the administration of timber stand improvement, fuels reduction, reforestation, cone collection, and other vegetation management contracts.
- Serves as a COR for administering contracts.
- Prepares project plans and contracts for silvicultural methods and techniques in planting, seeding, site preparation, cone collections, timber stand improvement, fuels reduction, and tree and shrub improvement projects.
- Inspects all phases of reforestation and stand improvement projects; appraises the degree of conformance with policies, procedures, and silvicultural plans; and recommends corrective action as required.
- Coordinates silvicultural needs with other resource specialists.
- Serves as a full member of an IDT on reforestation, timber stand improvement, fuels reduction, range, and landscape restoration projects.
- Plans, coordinates, and evaluates the timber stand improvement program; prescribes cutting practices based on an examination of stand conditions and esthetic or other resource requirements.
- Participates in preparation and review of reforestation and timber stand improvement environmental documents.
- Duties listed above are at the full performance level.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for field work, site visits, trainings and/or meetings.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533808300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.