This position is located at the Sustainable Water Management Research Unit, Stoneville, MississippiThe incumbent is a Research Leader for the unit. The incumbent will direct and conduct research in the development of novel water management technologies and irrigation scheduling techniques for improving water-use efficiency and water resources sustainability in humid regions.
This is an interdisciplinary job that can be filled at anyone of the series listed.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts research programs involving multidisciplinary, and integrated approaches that develop new technologies for increasing water use efficiency in cropping systems in the Lower MS River basin
- As Research Leader, the incumbent provides leadership for the Sustainable Water Management Research Unit
- Maintains and enhances the creativity and productivity of the unit
- Serves as the unit fund holder; providing technical information and consultation, both internal and external to ARS; and ensure the proper interpretation and reporting of scientific research results and information
- Supervises three CRIS projects; primary responsibilities are for developing program direction and priorities of these projects under the leadership of National Program Leaders and for developing an integrated approach among all team members
- Works closely with Research Leaders and scientists from other ARS units at Stoneville, MS and other locations as well as university scientists at Mississippi State University and other university locations
- Responsible for planning, conducting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting research in concert with project objectives
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533696100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.