This position is located in Washington, DC. The Office of Inspector General (OIG) is an independent office within the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC or Commission) that conducts, supervises, and coordinates audits and investigations of the programs and operations of the SEC.Learn more about this agency
The mission of the OIG is to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse and to promote integrity, economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the Commission's programs and operations.
- Serves as an auditor working in the OIG under the tutelage of higher-graded employees. Responsible for conducting performance audits and evaluations of the agency?s programs, operations, and activities;
- Assists in planning and performing audits and evaluations which provide agency management, at all levels, with an independent and objective assessment of SEC operations, programs, and systems;
- Assists in conducting comprehensive audits, reviews, and evaluations to make recommendations for improvements, where needed, in program policies, procedures, and internal controls;
- Participates in the development of policies or procedures to implement new audit and evaluation requirements;
- Responds to questions and inquiries on matters of auditing procedure or policy relative to the OIG policies and/or on-going reviews from agency staff, securities industry staff, other federal agencies, and the public;
- Briefs, informs, and convinces management to gain acceptance and approval of findings and recommendations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533669100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.