Serves as Senior Scientist, Science and Technology Office (STO), George C. Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), AL. The office is a multi-disciplined, highly sophisticated technical organization with responsibility for managing basic scientific research and implementing formulation, maturation, design, development, and operation of science and technology projects. These systems range widely in complexity and scope.Learn more about this agency
- Provides scientific leadership to all STO programs, projects, and activities. Incumbent represents MSFC science to the external community including NASA Headquarters and field centers, academia, government agencies, and private industry.
- Advises the STO manager and Center leadership on key scientific issues related to the health and growth of science at MSFC. Works closely with the Center's Partnerships and Formulation Office to cultivate science opportunities for STO and MSFC.
- Works to integrate science and exploration goals, and provides expert advice on how to provide maximum scientific return on exploration architecture and space transportation infrastructure.
- The incumbent works to position MSFC to win large science missions within the competitive peer review process.
- Performs scientific, technical, programmatic, and/or policy reviews to assure that NASA science programs are of the highest scientific and technologic merit and integrity.
50% or less - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533547500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.