The Chancellor of the Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy (VAAA) reports to the Executive Director for Acquisition and Logistics. The in incumbent develops and maintain business and professional partnerships with senior executives within VA, and with executives of other departments and agencies, national officers of educational institutions and national/international professional organizations, and similarly placed personnel from the private sector.Learn more about this agency
- Formulate mission, vision, strategy, short and long-range program policies, budget plans, and real property facilities to satisfy business needs.
- Primary advisor to the Executive Director/Senior Procurement Executive on all matters related to the provision of educational classes and products.
- Develop policy and oversee critical aspects of the Department-wide training of the acquisition workforce as well as program/project, and facility managers.
- Oversee the design, development and delivery of competency-based training for VA's entire acquisition workforce, and through the leaders of the five VAAA schools.
- Manages the allocation and distribution of funds and resources for operation of the VAAA and acquisition training contracts.
- Serve as a government-wide resources representing VA at meetings. This includes contacts with congress and its committees; other government agencies such as Office of Management and Budget, General Services Administrations, Federal Acquisition Institute; and professional organizations.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533379500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.