This position serves as advisor to the Team Leader, Senior Hydraulics Engineer, Senior Scour Engineer, and other FHWA staff in the performance of HIBS activities related to the FHWA Hydraulics Program that comprises six functional areas: (1) Hydrology, (2) Drainage, (3) Culvert Hydraulics, (4) Bridge Hydraulics, (5) Scour and (6) Coastal Hydraulics.Learn more about this agency
As a Civil Engineer (Hydraulics), you will:
- Support the HIBS-20 Team Leader in providing leadership of the Hydraulics Program ranging from conducting, supervising, and reviewing analyses and design materials and report
- Coordinate with research and deployment efforts, incorporating those results and findings into FHWA Hydraulics Program manuals
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to review hydrology, hydraulics, and scour related issues and designs for large, complex, or unusual projects
- Serve as the HIBS technical representative on panels to evaluate proposals, monitor progress and implementation results of projects
- Participate in national technical and professional organizations by serving on committees, presenting papers reviewing materials, and preparing articles for publication to disseminate information on best practices and to maintain leadership in the field
- Support other FHWA hydraulic, geotechnical, and structural activities, including assisting in project reviews and providing timely feedback and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will be a mid-career technical specialist and visionary leader with experience in hydraulic engineering related to the hydrologic, floodplain, culvert and bridge hydraulics, scour and scour countermeasures, coastal engineering issues, attributes, and needs of the USA’s highway system and infrastructure.
Occasional travel - Some travel required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532913800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.