This position is located in the Department of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) in Washington, DC. EBSA is committed to protecting retirement, health, and other employee benefits, thereby advancing the retirement security and health of our nation’s workers and retirees.
- This position is outside the bargaining unit.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and Recruitment Incentives may be offered.Learn more about this agency
EBSA, through its enforcement of Title I of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and other related health benefits laws, protects the security of retirement and health plan benefits and assets for all workers who have employer-sponsored plans.
Major duties for this position at the full performance level include but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, develops, and coordinates actuarial research projects regarding health and welfare plans.
- Reviews and analyzes legislative, regulatory, and administrative proposals and public policy issues pertaining to health and welfare plans.
- Provides expert technical (actuarial) guidance and consultative services to EBSA senior and executive staff regarding health and welfare benefit plans.
- Provides consultative and technical (actuarial) support to EBSA’s supervision of group health plans.
- Plans, develops, and coordinates significant actuarial work using multiple sources of data and variety of actuarial models and systems, consistent with the appropriate Actuarial Standards of Practice (ASOP).
15 - There is no obligation to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the need for an employee promoted to the higher level, and supervisory approval.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532861900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.