Three positions will be filled.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at a Forest Service Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center (JCCCC).
This position requires the incumbent to assist students, peers, and subordinates in understanding the relevance of, and promotes the development of positive social skills among students through modeling appropriate behavior, positive intervention, and positively intervening and teaching appropriate employability skills for workplace success.
- Prepares and cooks a variety of menu items including regular and special diet entrees and dessert items.
- Adjusts standardized recipes for the number of servings required in large quantity cooking.
- Maintains the proper temperature for all foods during holding, transport, reheating, and serving to assure quality control and food safety.
- Perform yield testing for selected food items to determine the serving weight or volume after preparation and gather other test data to assist decision-making for purchasing and menu pricing.
- Operates specialized equipment to cook food in large quantities and to rapidly chill and store prepared items. Reviews and ensures that stock levels support daily and monthly menus.
- Maintains rotation of food inventories to prevent spoilage.
- Provides assistance in ordering food according to daily and weekly menu requirements.
- Keeps appropriate records and receipts for items ordered and received.
- Under closer guidance, incumbent may prepare an entire meal which requires coordinating the cooking of several items with different cooking times and characteristics.
- May instruct varying numbers of Work Based Learning (WBL) Culinary Arts students during assigned shift, as well as students assigned for kitchen police (KP) duties.
- Employee is responsible for monitoring food preparation skills and providing oral instruction to WBL students.
- Responsible for communicating achieved tasks via email, oral communication, informal evaluations and incident reports.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532819700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.