DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees' differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Office of Field Operations, Regional Office, Division of Price Programs (Industrial Price) in Atlanta, Georgia.
This position has promotion potential to GS-12. Promotion Potential: There is no obligation to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and supervisory approval.
* The incumbent makes arrangements preparatory to obtaining data from enterprises for which the collection of data is expected to be straight forward and uncomplicated and requires the application of conventional methods.
* Performs routine analysis of collected information in order to discover and rectify common discrepancies.
* Work requires the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to a sequence of related collection tasks.
* For training and development purposes, assignments may include some segments or aspects of work that are typically at a higher level.
* Makes follow-up contact to respondents providing data to ensure accurate and timely survey results.
* Responds to queries from respondents for BLS information by providing them with the salient publications, assisting in interpretation where appropriate, or referring them to appropriate regional staff.
- Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
- This position is inside the bargaining unit.
- Relocation costs will NOT be paid.
Occasional travel - At least 50% or more travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532792400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.