OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for the following: coordination of the seizure and examination of electronic evidence; coordination, conduct, guidance, and investigations involving computer technology; identification of computer hardware and software to be used in support of investigations; contact with Federal, State, and Local law enforcement agencies concerning forensic examination of electronic evidence; and coordination of training for computer crime and forensic matters.
As a Criminal Investigator, you will:
- Provide technical advice and investigative support for extremely difficult, complex, technical, and highly sensitive investigations, as they relate to computer crime and electronic evidence and the conduct of computer crime investigations.
- Be the technical advisor for crime scene searches concerning electronic evidence, participate with field division agents and management personnel to develop investigative plans and present investigative options and parameters as they relate to computer resources and techniques.
- Provide forensic support through the scientific analysis of electronic evidence; this includes the testing of forensic software and other appropriate automated analytical tools to meet diverse investigative requirements.
- Initiate, develop, conduct, manage and coordinate criminal and special investigations that fall within the assigned program areas.
- Conduct internal and external investigations that are publicly or politically sensitive in nature or have significant organizational or national implication.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532776400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.