This position is located in the Technology, Services and Innovation, Information Technology Directorate, Information Security and Monitoring Division and serves as an IT Specialist (INFOSEC). The U.S. Agency for Global Media is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green,Yellow, Orange, Blue Metro lines and MARC/VRE.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
Introduction to Agency: The U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM) is an exciting, multi-media, multi-cultural, global media agency that carries out all United States civilian international broadcasting. Our media networks complement and reinforce one another in a shared mission vital to U.S. national interests: to inform, engage, and connect people around the world in support of freedom and democracy. Our staff of dedicated professionals serve as an example of a free and independent media, bringing news, information, and relevant discussions to a weekly audience of over 278 million people worldwide in over 60 languages via radio, television, Internet, and social media.
USAGM media networks include the Voice of America (VOA) and the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti) and three grantee organizations: Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia.
Incumbents at the lower grade level will receive more direction and supervision, as well as employee development opportunities to achieve the higher grade level. Duties are and not limited to:
- Develops IT Security procedures that result in a secure computer environment for USAGM, the International Broadcasting Bureau (IBB), and VOA.
- Provides expertise to assist system administrators and other members of the technical staff in complying with government-wide and agency security policies.
- Maintains a state-of-the-art awareness of information security issues, incident types and trends, protective and diagnostic software, and security regimes for the major information system platforms managed by TSI.
- Audits the effectiveness of security controls in place throughout IBB's enterprise computing network.
- Conducts "white hat" or ethical hacking to identify weaknesses and vulnerabilities in agency systems and networks.
- Works with other members of the IT staff on security incidents and intrusion handling and resolution. Alerts the manager of the Division of any new information on security issues and/or failures of current computing systems.
- Provides technical leadership, expertise, and guidance by working with the TSI's staff to ensure that security is appropriately considered during design, development, and deployment.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532703600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.