The incumbent will serve as a District Conservationist assisting the Conservation District(s) within the managerial unit, consisting of at least one county or district, in the development of a comprehensive natural resources conservation program. The incumbent performs professional duties to achieve an integrated system of sound land use and conservation treatment in harmony with the capability and needs of the land and landowner.Learn more about this agency
- Works in collaboration with landowner to provide detailed conservation system and practice implementation including conservation practice design, layout, construction, inspection and certification.
- Management, operation and maintenance of the planned conservation system and practices according to the Field Office Technical Guide standards and specifications as well as comply with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Informs and educates the landowner of conservation technical assistance and financial assistance to consider for conservation system and practice implementation. This includes oversight, management and administration for all Farm Bill programs.
- Independently provides leadership with conservation planning of natural resources and other activities in cooperation with the Conservation District, tribes, and conservation partners to address resource concerns on private lands.
- Coordinates interagency delivery of conservation assistance to private landowners and others to sustain the health, diversity and productivity of the state's natural resources.
- Partners with other conservation entities to provide long-term commitment to the local, state and federal government conservation delivery system to help private landowners, communities and others conserve natural resources within the state.
- Responsible for supervision of federal employees located in a field office and liaison between the state and district employees. Ensures quality and quantity of work, reviews work of subordinates and accepts, revises, or rejects work.
- Sets performance standards and evaluates performance for subordinates. Interviews and determines selection from available candidates. Resolves complaints and grievances and takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Reviews job descriptions for accuracy. Initiates or participates in review and improvement of work methods.
- Develops training plans to ensure personnel are adequately qualified to perform assigned tasks and to ensure personnel are provided the opportunity to develop their skills to optimum level.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532493700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.