The incumbent functions as a team player for implementing the VA strategic goal of providing one VA world class service to Veterans and their families through the effective management of people, technology and processes.The incumbent is a member of an organization that strives for quality, timeliness and consistency. Incumbent administratively supports and assists the Chairman's Office with the annual performance review and recertification of Board Members.Learn more about this agency
- Incumbent provides all administrative and technical support with regard to newly appointed Veteran Law Judges (VLJ). Incumbent works closely with the BVA Human Resource Liaison Office and the Corporate Senior Executive Management Office (CSEMO) all aspects of the swearing in ceremony to include securing the VLJ certificate with Secretary and POTUS signatures. Incumbent also handles parallel activities for any new Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment.
- Incumbent corresponds with the Office of the Secretary to coordinate visits to the Board by the Secretary, or Senior Departmental Staff. Works closely with the White House Liaison, the Executive Office of the President (EOP), Members of Congress, or Congressional Liaison Staff and senior staff from other federal agencies as appropriate.
- Incumbent provides the BVA staff with information that can be disseminated internally such as email news releases, handouts, fact sheets, and any correspondence, background statements that support the BVA and Department's mission.
- Incumbent provides mentoring, training, and/or counseling to help guide the development of new employees, as well as those lower graded. Plans, distributes and coordinates administrative tasks and production for assigned team members.
- Incumbent manages and/or assists with a variety of administrative programs, including the distribution and dissemination of incoming and/or outgoing mail containing Congressional correspondence and appellant evidence internal controls, records management, and appellant case file management to include initial case review data entry, and timesheets.
- Incumbent provides administrative support and requires an overall understanding in the appeals process involving any appeals received from Veterans Health Administration, Veterans Benefits Administration (compensation and pension, education, etc.), National Cemetery Administration, and the Office of General Counsel.
Compressed/Flexible: Maybe Available
Telework: Maybe Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Staff Assistant, PD# 81609A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532447200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.