This position is located in the Office of the Associate Administrator for Strategic Sealift, Maritime Administration (MARAD).
This is a temporary appointment NTE 2 years but extendable up to three years.Learn more about this agency
As a Defense Logistics Liaison Officer, you will:
- Assist in providing DOD with information necessary to make timely decision concerning resource allocation, acquisition planning, and programming of Navy managed or funded maritime industry-related activities.
- Ensure ·the accuracy and timeliness of MARADS inputs toward maintaining various sealift data bases.
- Serve as MARAD’s representative to the DOD logistics community with responsibility for increasing recognition of the global interrelationships of all shipping and industrial support infrastructures.
- Performs studies and analyses of program area which are of mutual interest to the DOD logistics community.
- Maintain surveillance of significant developments related to the Defense Logistics, prepares analyses of the implication of these developments and recommends modification.
Serves as MARAD's Defense Logistics Liaison Officer and exercises responsibility for facilitating the continuous flow of accurate information to and from both groups in the maritime industry-related areas of strategic sealift, merchant marine manpower and ship industrial infrastructures.
Occasional travel - Some travel required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532229200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.