The incumbent serves as the Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) and provides technical direction and guidance to lower level agents, administrative support personnel and contractors in regional offices within the Office of Investigations. The duties of the position involve the coordination and execution of difficult and complex investigations of alleged or suspected violations of federal statutes or regulations within programs administered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical direction to lower level agents in establishing plans for the execution of extremely complex and sensitive investigations of alleged or suspected violations of criminal laws, with particular emphasis on financial crimes that involve fraud, waste, and abuse within SBA programs.
- Confers with and supports the SAC, and/or Assistant Inspector General for Investigations (AlGI), in the planning and developing of investigative policies, programs, standards, requirements, methods, procedures, precedents and techniques.
- Provides day-to-day technical advice to subordinate employees on review/approval of various memoranda and reports of investigation, makes workload determinations, ensures case files are properly updated and documented, confirms case work meets evidentiary standards, and assists in the use/application of various investigative techniques and overall case planning and strategy.
- Advises agency officials on investigations and/or reports, either independently or, with the SAC and/or AIGI.
- Supervises and coordinates administrative functions such as analysis of allegations received review of reports, time and attendance reports, schedule of work, review of travel requests/vouchers and work accomplishments.
- Identifies training needs for staff and evaluate performance.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532225300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.