This position is located in Office of Water, Washington, DC. For more information on this office, visit their website: OW Webpage
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
This vacancy is being extended and will close May 13, 2019 due to change in required eligibility, this position is open to all status candidates.Learn more about this agency
- Perform a variety of senior regulatory and program management functions related to National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting.
- Use senior technical expertise in the physical sciences and/or environmental engineering and provides leadership in the development and application of guidance and technical assistance.
- Advise senior management on the development of the NPDES permitting programs and their implementation; coordinates with external stakeholders.
- Resolve complex program and project issues which require an advanced and sophisticated understanding of linkages between the Clean Water Act (CWA) and other environmental laws and programs.
- Consult and coordinate with other engineers and scientists, outside contacts of Agency communicating complex technical and policy information.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel 1 to 5 days per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532134800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.