The Communications team attracts and welcomes visitors to the Presidio through innovative communications and marketing efforts, facilitates the strategic planning process, crafts the Presidios narrative, offers an invitation to the public using many tools and channels, and solicits feedback to help the organization continuously improve its offerings to the public. In 2017 Sunset Magazine recognized the Presidio as the most popular destination in the national parks network."Learn more about this agency
The Presidio Trust is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer to lead a team of talented professionals in marketing our real estate and hospitality businesses to our customers, and the Presidio as a national park site to millions of visitors. The Chief Marketing Officer will help us meet our goals of connecting people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities with this magnificent place, being a model of environmental stewardship, and providing outstanding service and value to our visitors, our customers, and the public in a unique government agency.
The Presidio Trust is charged with operating the Presidio without taxpayer support. We earn funds by leasing homes and workspaces, and by operating two hotels, four restaurants, special event venues, and a golf course. All the money from our businesses is used to operate and improve the park and provide a great experience for park visitors.
Our ideal candidate is a results-oriented marketing and communications professional with a passion for producing great results for a great cause. If you love parks, if you aspire to be a servant leader for mission-driven staff, and if you want to work with a fun and passionate group of executives, we want to see your application!
- Manage consistent Presidio Trust branding and identity across all communications and promotions, printed and electronic.
- Oversee media relations including press, social media, and all methods of advertising.
- Set up business processes and metrics to manage the Marketing & Communications Division budget and staff.
- Drive daily execution and enhancement of the overall marketing strategy for the park, including park businesses and park visitor engagement.
- Analyze the performance of marketing investments, review visitor and business results, and adjust the marketing strategy accordingly.
- Participate in research to look for new ways to grow park visitation and business net operating income, consistent with the vision and mission of the park.
- Manage the Presidio Trust's website and continuously update information provided on the site to serve visitors, customers, and staff well.
- Build a network of reliable, cost effective external agencies and marketing professionals to efficiently deliver marketing and communications objectives.
- Manage internal communications, including the Trusts intranet and other channels.
- Manage the Trusts proactive government relations and stakeholder engagement programs, including requests for information and for tours.
- Ensure the staffing of the CEO and Board members for events.
- Represent the Trust at high-level and strategically important meetings and events, including those with the public, elected officials, and community leaders.
- Serve on the Trusts Executive Team to make the major strategic and operational decisions for the Trust.
- Collaborate with the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy in pursuit of shared goals.
Occasional travel - Little to No Travel Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532055800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.