WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICE (HCO) DIVISION? The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
See "Other Information" for locations.
*Amended Number of Vacancies*Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Assistant you will:
- Provide assistance and administrative support, gather and analyze automated or manual data and apply knowledge of personnel processing.
- Perform error resolution to resolve systemic and individual personnel and pay related problems by researching tables and databases, tracing personnel records and payroll actions, and reconstructing accounts and records.
- Analyze problems to determine trends and recommend solutions/changes in processes and procedures.
- Take appropriate action to correct deficiencies and identify and elevate systemic problems with the automated systems.
- Screen personnel action requests, reconcile records with master personnel files
- Review and research personnel information reports to ensure that the correct risk level and type of investigation are assigned.
- Maintain control records for correspondence and work assignments, establishing and following up on suspense dates.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531873200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.