This position is located in the Voice of America's (VOA) News Center. The incumbent is a Supervisory Digital Visual News Editor with responsibility for leading a team of professional editors, reporters, producers, animators, and artists to transform VOA's digital storytelling by utilizing the best approaches for mobile, social media, and other digital platforms.Learn more about this agency
THIS POSITION IS NOT COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and coordinating team of reporters, editors, producers, animators, and artists, developing, reporting, and producing stories on a variety of issues that include politics, economy, immigration, education, health, and science, looking for unique angles and in depth reporting for visual storytelling on digital platforms.
- Providing leadership on and coordinating a multitude of on-going major, complex, subject matter projects as well as developing and breaking news to digital graphic designers and video journalists.
- Coordinating the visual storytelling of breaking news as well as enterprise reporting across the United States and around the world.
- Responsible for all aspects of content, which includes the development, design, production, presentation, evaluation, and analysis of all materials.
- Ensuring all content producers provide ambitious/unbiased reporting and utilizes appropriate reporting tools to include analysis of documents and developments, which are accurate, balanced, and comprehensive.
- Ensuring VOA is adapting to new visual storytelling norms and experimenting with and utilizing developing technologies to do so.
- Collaborating and coordinating with news managers, Internet Managing Editors and house-wide graphic artists, reporters, and digital video journalists to set reporting priorities.
- Coordinating visual storytelling across VOA's Divisions and recommends assignments of staff to accomplish reporting goals.
- Ensuring VOA has an agency wide look, feel, and approach for visual storytelling.
- Planing, developing, and implementing program strategies for major projects related to the mission and function of VOA.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531816200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.