The purpose of this position is to perform essential professional archival work in support of the Gallery Archives. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the GA program in managing physical (analog) and digital time-based media objects, consisting of a large collection of institutional, (non-art) audio and moving image materials.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts a detailed, comprehensive survey of Gallery physical (analog) time-based media, as well as digital media files, including titles and subjects.
- Advises Chief Archivist on the development of policies and guidance for retention of Gallery analog and digital audiovisual resources and provides audiovisual assessment expertise to the Gallery community.
- Provides guidance to Chief Archivist on creating and implementing long-term audiovisual preservation and access strategies for Gallery time-based media assets.
- Manages Gallery Archives audiovisual assets by developing and implementing standards for the following activities - preservation and storage, metadata and work flows for A/V materials, access and conversion or digitization work of media that is necessary for preservation and access.
- Serves as liaison with Gallery offices creating or managing time-based media, and performs all steps for receiving and preserving them in Gallery Archives.
- Appraises A/V media records for permanent evidential or informational values.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531745900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.