About the Position: Fort Huachuca, Cochise County's largest employee, is a busting hub for three of the fastest-growing missions in Department of Defense: military intelligence, cyber-security and unmanned aircraft systems. Fort Huachuca enjoys sunny days and starry nights with an average daytime temperature of 74 degrees, making it an ideal location for diverse recreational activities.Learn more about this agency
- Provide leadership, guidance, and programming for one or more worshipping communities.
- Assess and evaluate religious education and youth ministry needs and programs.
- Provide input to Garrison Chaplain for annual and monthly budgets for religious education materials and support activities.
- Implement actions necessary to affect a comprehensive faith group religious education and youth ministry program.
- Provide marketing and advertising for emphasis on religious education and youth ministry.
- Serve as primary administrator for religious education and youth ministry volunteers.
- Ensure and make provision for training and mentoring of religious education and youth ministry personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires a noncritical sensitive (Secret) clearance.
- Childcare background check required.
- This position requires occasional travel away from the normal duty station approximately 10% of the time.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Minimum Qualifications for the GS-09 level: Candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications (See Army Regulation AR 165-1):
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, with a major or minor in religious education (or spiritual formation), or a minimum of 18 documented credit hours in the same AND A minimum of 2 years of documented professional experience leading a religion-based education program. Additional years of documented religion-based education program leadership may be substituted for up to six credits of the academic requirement (at a rate of 1 year of documented professional religious education experience for one religious education academic credit).
Minimum Qualifications for the GS-11 level: Candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications (See Army Regulation AR 165-1):
- A Master of Religious Education degree or its equivalent from an accredited graduate school, AND a minimum of 2 years of documented professional experience leading to a religious education program.
A Master Degree in any discipline other than religious education which includes a minimum of 24 documented credits in religious education theory AND a minimum of 2 years of documented professional experience leading a religious education program.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Instructional Delivery and Learner Development
- Managing Human Resources
- Religious Education Services
- Training and Education Analysis
The Chief of Chaplains requires that only applicants who have been certified at a grade level equivalent to or higher than the stated grade of this position or those currently serving in a validated Army RE position will be considered fully qualified.
To be certified for positions in the Religious Education Career Field, applicants must:
1. Email a copy of their USAJobs/USA Staffing-generated resume to: email@example.com (The USA Jobs resume builder system has an option built in to the program for forwarding copies to other agencies - see bottom of vacancy announcement for instruction on building a resume in USAJobs or self-nominating for a position.)
2. Request transcripts w/official seal be sent directly from all accredited college/universities/theological schools to:
HQ IMCOM Religious Support
ATTN: Mr. Donald Ericson
2405 Gun Shed Road, Bldg. 2261
JBSA Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
Only Official transcripts sent directly from the accredited academic institution and postmarked by the closing date of the announcement will be considered. Please do not send any documents other than your resume and transcripts. All other information will not be considered and must be discarded.
Submission of the USAJobs generated resume, for the purposes of certification by the Office of the Chief of Chaplains, is in addition to the documents the applicant sends to the CPAC or submits digitally as part of the self-nomination process.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 32 - Training position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Recruitment and/or Relocation incentives may be authorized.
- This is a developmental position: This position is developmental in nature and the incumbent may be promoted noncompetitively to the full performance level (GS-11) provided: the work is at the higher grade level and continues to exist; the incumbent has demonstrated the ability to perform it; and the qualifications (A Master of Religious Education degree or its equivalent from an accredited graduate school, AND a minimum of 2 years of documented professional experience leading to a religious education program; or a Master Degree in any discipline other than religious education which includes a minimum of 24 documented credits in religious education theory AND a minimum of 2 years of documented professional experience leading a religious education program) and other administrative requirements are met.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 05/15/2019 to receive consideration
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10479319).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AddressEJ-APF-W6CFAA US ARMY GARRISON FT HUACHUCA
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531741800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.