About the Position: This position may be filled at the developmental level, GS-09 or GS-11, or it may be filled at the full performance level, GS-12. If filled at the GS-09 or GS-11 level, the selectee will perform developmental assignments under closer than normal supervision. Assignments will become progressively more difficult until the full-performance level is reached.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for planning, programming, conducting investigations, and preparing reports related to identification, protection, and preservation of cultural resource at Corps project and/or activities such as the 404 Permits Program.
- Provides advice, technical guidance and recommendations, and facilitates general coordination of cultural resource oriented work output, as required.
- Participates in Branch management through development of work schedules and budget processing for cultural resource activities.
- When assigned, serves as team leader responsible for leading the efforts of a team of technical specialists assigned to accomplish a project study or report within the Branch/Planning Division.
- Assists or advises persons involved in similar cultural resource activities in all MVD Districts and outside the Division.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on tribal matters, provides advice to the Commander and senior District staff.
- Manages and reviews work activities of lower-graded personnel, serves as team member or team leader, and serves as pro tem in absence of Section Chief or other team leader(s).
Occasional travel - Business travel up to 10% of the time will be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531646800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.