About the Position: The mission of the Corpus Christi Army Depot is to overhaul, repair, modify, retrofit, test and modernize helicopters, engines and components for all services and foreign military customers. Corpus Christi Army Depot (CCAD) is the Army's Center of Industrial and Technical Excellence for Rotary Wing Aviation Maintenance. We provide worldwide on-site maintenance services, aircraft crash analysis, lubricating oil analysis, and chemical, metallurgical and training support.Learn more about this agency
- Assist painters engaged in brush and spray painting of aircraft, airframes, component parts, and related equipment.
- Under instructional supervision of high-grade painter, mixes, reduces and applies specialty/high performance coatings and paints and performs more difficult painting tasks.
- Perform paint process requirements and operations in accordance with depot maintenance work requirement (DMWR), Technical Data, Technical Manuals, Process Standards, MEO/MEC's and verbal instructions.
- Applies primers and paints, using brush, HVLP gravity gun, pressure pot with HVLP pressure gun or angle spray gun.
- Clean spray equipment so it's ready for the next use after completion of work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A pre-employment physical is required.
- This position is a Test Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing.
- This position requires a Tier 1 personnel security background investigation.
- This position requires travel to other duty locations approximately 5% of the time.
- This position requires passing an annual IH-OHC Chromium VI/Isocyanate Examination.
- This position requires passing and maintaining a respirator medical clearance.
- This position requires passing an annual vision test for acuity, depth and color perception.
- This position requires successfully completing training in hazardous waste management procedures within six months (6) after the date of appointment and must participate in annual review.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) Painter~ without more than normal supervision. Resumes will be reviewed for experience and/or training which provided skills and knowledge of the following: Preparing surfaces and applying paint coatings such as primers and paints in accordance with applicable technical instructions; Applying primers and paints, using the equipment of the trade such as brushes, HVLP gravity gun, pressure pot with HVLP pressure gun or angle spray gun; Checking all items for obvious flaws and make corrections. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- PHYSICAL EFFORT: Is required to prepare and coat surfaces from ladders, scaffolds, confined spaces and platforms where the surfaces: to be coated are in cramped and hard-to-reach places. Required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts, carries, and sets up materials and equipment that weigh up to 35 pounds without assistance and over 35 pounds with assistance from another worker or weight handling equipment. Continual use of arms, hands, and fingers. Works in areas with known tripping hazards due to working and breathing air hoses in order to perform assigned task in paint booths.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in paint shop or hangar. Exposed to paint vapors, spray and fumes from paint, various solvents and thinners. Frequently may be required to work on elevated work areas while wearing protective equipment (fall equipment) and clothing that are sometimes heavy and uncomfortable. Is exposed to the possibility of cuts and bruises. Subject to considerable noise. Requires the use of personal protective equipment such as, but not limited to, respiratory devices, coverall, gloves, safety shoes and proper eye protection, as appropriate.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 29 - Installation Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- If you misrepresent your experience/education, or provide false/fraudulent information in/with your application, it may be grounds for not hiring you or for firing you. Making false/ fraudulent statements also may be punishable by fine/imprisonment.
- Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 90 days beyond the closing date of this announcement.
- May require overtime, shift work and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays, and in other situations.
- Incumbent may be placed on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Shift.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 04/27/2019 to receive consideration
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10483594).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AddressAA-APF-W0MUAA USA AMCOM CORPUS CHRISTI ARMY DEPOT
DO NOT MAIL
Corpus Christi, TX 78419
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531371000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.