About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Information Management Division at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Landstuhl, Germany.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- Analyze, develop, integrate, implement, document, and manage network systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video and Information Technology policy and planning.
- Develop NetOps products which provide a systematic approach to developing a knowledge based network for the real-time management policy and architecture matters pertaining to NetOps within the Army.
- Prepare, present and defend NetOps architectural recommendations.
- Analyze and develop approaches, strategies and policies for solving new Information Management/Information Technology issues and implementing new concepts.
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates.
Occasional travel - This position requires overnight travel away from the duty station approximately 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This position is identified as Mission Essential which may require you to work or remain at work during an emergency situation or when inclement weather has curtailed operations (e.g., threat to the facility, natural disaster, delayed reporting).
- This position requires you to be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance of access for the duration of employment which includes a background investigation and credit check.
- Position requires compliance with IT certifications standards for IAT Level III as provided in DoD 8570.1M within six (6) months of hire.
- Within six months of hire, the incumbent must be able to meet and maintain the following five certificates: Cisco Certified Network Professional in Data Center; Routing and Switching; Wireless; Security; and Collaboration.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes managing daily operations of IT Specialists in support of network services for delivery of voice, data and video, and improvements to those network services; updating the current network architecture; and analyzing and developing network solutions for new mission requirements. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail -Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about network systems and IT protocols/procedures/standards; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; and uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position may require overtime work and may periodically require working on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings and weekends.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 - Information Technology/Cyber Security position.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- The initial length of this overseas tour is 36 months.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on05/09/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10482041).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AddressHU-APF-W1HHD0 LRMC Deputy Cdr for Administration
Do Not Mail
APO, AE 09180
If you have questions regarding this job posting please visit https://portal.chra.army.mil/hr_public?id=form_public&sys_id=-1&table=u_application_inquiry_staging and complete the online submission form. To expedite the process please include the Job announcement number, which can be found at the top, right hand side of the job announcement.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531286900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.