You will serve as a PLUMBER in the FACILITIES BRANCH CODE 1021 of NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER.Learn more about this agency
- You will be Installing, maintaining, modifying and repairing pipes and fixtures associated with new and existing heating, cooling, water supply/distribution, and sanitation systems as well as gas distribution systems.
- You will be installing supports for pipes/equipment/fixtures, assembly of fittings and valves, modification of length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing material, installationn of heating and air conditioning system components.
- You will be repairing and maintaining facilities plumbing fixtures such as toilets, urinals, sinks, showers, water heaters, and associated fittings, appliances, valves and pumps, outdoor sprinkler systems and other specialized plumbing equipment.
- You will cut, bend, thread, solder, cement, and make connections with all types of pipe (e.g., galvanized copper, plastic, cast iron, plastic, clay tile).
- You will provide cost estimates based on conceptual or preliminary design needed for budget purposes and participate in design meeting, pre-construction meetings and project review meetings.
- You will interpret builiding plans and drawings utilizing measurements to determine piping systems lay outs, flow directions and plumbing installations.
- You will utilize accepted common plumbing trade methods, techniques, and tools required to perform plumbing repairs and adjust systems and equipment, ensuring proper operation, flow, drainage, and sanitary conditions are met.
- You will Execute, prioritize, and document service calls
- You will utilize plumbing tools, machines of the trade and staging equipment such as ladders, scaffolding and platforms to reach piping sytems in hard-to-reach places.
- You will interpret building plans and drawings to determine piping systems lay outs, flow directions and plumbing installations in order to troubleshoot repairs.
- You will interpret facility project plans or work orders provided by supervisor or service desk.
- You will initiate troubleshooting procedures to determine the most likely source of the problem and perform preventive maintenance on all building plumbing fixtures and lines.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531197200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.