This position is located in the National Agricultural Library (NAL), Knowledge Services Division, Scientific Data Engineering Branch in Beltsville, MD. This position serves as the Branch Chief and as the senior NAL Technology Advisor with administrative and management responsibilities for policy making, planning, directing, and evaluating program technical requirements for NAL's data products and services.Learn more about this agency
- Performs strategic planning and long-range projections/planning; establishes policies, programs, plans and budgets for the Division and Branch.
- Assesses and develops technical operations and maintenance of capacity for NAL data products; reviews appropriate methods to modernize the information technology infrastructure.
- Serves as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) for contracts related to the Knowledge Services Division's applications.
- Provides technical and administrative supervision as a first level supervisor by making selections for positions, assigning duties, reviewing work, identifying training requirements, and preparing performance evaluations.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to conceptualize integrated and advanced information services and systems to support scientific discovery within the agricultural community.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531174300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.