This position is for a BUDGET ANALYST, PD# PDD2232000, part of the NV G3 National Guard. The purpose is to perform analytical, technical, and administrative duties of budget formulation and justification, presentation, and execution and is responsible for the following Management Decision Packages (MDEP) or portions thereof: AMCE, AMTE, AMTV, NGP2, QLOG-C, and a portion of QLOG-F and the logistics portion of PRID, PRAT, and TRST.Learn more about this agency
1. Serves as the primary analyst regarding resource management. Performs program analysis, including planning, programming, budgeting, funds allocation, accounts management, internal controls and reporting. Provides fiscal and budgetary policy, and regulatory guidelines for the directorate. Accomplishes the full spectrum of budget functions in support of state and federal operations, training, readiness missions, natural disasters, and Homeland Defense/ Defense Support of Civil Authorities (HLD/DSCA).
2. Executes budget. Continually analyzes and evaluates unexpected changes and gaps in program plans and funding. Reviews expenditure of G-3 appropriations, re-imbursement allocations and transfer of funds. Exercises technical authority and control in approving or disapproving funding requests based on fiscal law, regulation, or policy. Reviews funding documents for assigned appropriations.
3. Performs program analysis of actual expenditures compared to planned utilization of annual budget and/or allotment authority, evaluates fund availability to achieve balance of approved objectives and determines where reprogramming actions may be necessary. Identifies trends and patterns, recommends ways to improve utilization of funds, and suggests alternative funding approaches. Evaluates the effect of cost and programmatic changes on the budget execution process. Adjusts fund allocations as required. Verifies, enters and adjusts budgetary data in a variety of forms, schedules, and reports. Provides analytical guidance for year-end close out to ensure proper, legal, and full utilization of funds.
4. Provides financial advice, interpretation, and guidance on a variety of budget related matters, to include types of funding available, budgetary changes, and year-end closeout procedures.
5. Presents effective analyses of financial management information regarding the expenditure of appropriated funds utilizing a network of multi-level federal operating systems. Appointed as an approving authority for release and expenditure of logistics funds and a member of the Program Budget Advisory Committee (PBAC). Prepares information for and documents results of quarterly PBAC meeting. Conducts briefings and documents the monthly financial management meetings with Program Director.
6. Serves as a technical authority and expert on matters of OPTEMPO funding issues for the Directorate. Manages the Defense Travel System (DTS) for the DCS-G3.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531074800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.